Saturday, February 28, 2009

AVA Wine Room in Kennewick A Great Place To Visit

Last night I made a visit to the new AVA wine room in Kennewick's Southridge area. It is an easy visit for anyone from Eastern Oregon because it is right off of the Hwy 395 exit in the Tri Cities.

Dean and Whitney Maldenado, the owners of AVA, which is the acronym for American Viticultural Area, have done a great job in inventing this specialized wine tasting experience. This, the 1st installment of many AVA wine rooms, specializes in Horse Heaven Hills wines. This means a lot of really great wines from throughout the Columbia Valley, including Champoux and Alder Ridge.

Last night I enjoyed a flight of wines from Heaven's Cave out of Prosser. I also had a wonderful sample of 2006 Januik Champoux Cabernet Sauvignon, and a Sample of Merry Cellars Carmenere.

The staff are wonderful. I especially enjoyed Jeff's knowledge and how well he worked with all of the clientelle. Especially my talkative table that ended up closing the place down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I greatly appreciate any and all comments and criticism, however because of the high level of spam I moderate all comments prior to publishing them.